Though easy to maintain, proper care and maintenance will ensure the life of your lash extensions.
The first 48 hours are crucial for the adhesive to dry and provide a strong, durable bond. Therefore, it’s very important to adhere to the following instructions:
– Keep them dry. Avoid showering, washing your face with hot water or wetting your lashes.
– Avoid swimming or exposure to steam, heat or saunas.
– Avoid oil-based creams and lotions on, or around, the eyes.
– Do not apply eye or lash makeup.
– Avoid eyelash tinting, perming or chemical treatments.
– Avoid chemical peels, waxing or laser treatments around the eyes.
– Avoid sleeping on side or stomach.
– After the first 48 hours: Although the adhesive has dried, certain activities can weaken the adhesive bond and result in premature loss of your lash extensions.
Therefore the following guidelines are recommended:
– You can swim, shower and exercise as usual but avoid excessive exposure to heat or steam.
– Be gentle, don’t rub your eyes excessively and don’t pick or pull on the lashes as it can pull your own eyelash out along with the extension.
– Avoid oil-based eye care products or oil-based eye make-up remover. Use of oil-based products can weaken the adhesive bond. I recommend using Bella Lash Lash Cleanser® to gently remove eye makeup and cleanse your lashes and eyelids.
– Use of mascara may reduce the lifespan of your lash extensions. Although not needed, water-based mascara may be used if desired, but apply sparingly and remove gently. If you choose to use mascara, I strongly recommend Bella Lash Natural Touch Mascara®, applied to tips only. I also recommend Bella Lash Intelliseal® to help seal the adhesive and create an even stronger lash bond.
– Avoid eyelash curlers as they can damage both natural and synthetic lashes.