Immediately after your wax
It’s normal immediately after your wax for a little bit of redness and a prickly heat type rash to appear. This should disappear after a few hours and is normally due to a histamine reaction. Because waxing removes the hair at the root, it’s important that you keep the area clean and bacteria free. This means:
- No sunbathing for at least 12 hours (have your waxing done at least the day BEFORE you go on vacation)
- No swimming in a chlorinated pool for 24 hours
- Avoid spa baths or saunas
- Avoid applying any topical lotions for at least 12 hours (fragrances and other lubricants can cause a burning sensation)
- Also avoid touching the waxed area to ensure it remains bacteria free
- Use a tea tree oil based product to apply to the area for its anti-bacterial qualities.
3-10 days after waxing
As you skin closes over the follicles, the next consideration is to ensure you prevent ingrown hairs. This is when new, often softer hair can get trapped under the skin. A few simple measures can easily avoid this situation. Here’s where the “do’s” come in:
- Use a soft brush or exfoliating glove to gently buff the area every 2-3 days – this is particularly important after about day 3 through to about the 10-day mark. It doesn’t need to be hard scrubbing, just a gentle exfoliation.
- Use The Bump eRaiser® to help prevent and eliminate ingrown hairs, redness and bumps for smooth and healthy looking skin following hair removal. This product contains lactic acid which helps ensure dead skin cells are buffed away allowing your hair back through the follicle opening. You’ll be free of ingrown hairs and other problems associated with hair removal!
The bonus of following the aftercare advice (apart from your skin looking hair-free and smooth for longer), is that it really will make your next wax a whole lot quicker and less painful.
For brow maintenance, we recommend using THE BROW COLLECTION by Elke® to balance the features of each individual. Elke developed her Brow Collection to help design the perfect brow. Every product is formulated to help the client achieve perfection at home. Elke personally develops new formulations and shades that replicate the looks inspired by the beauty & fashion world. Maintaining the elegant look as well as the innovative collection is the standard that her high caliber clientele appreciates.
“Your brows should be taken as seriously as your hair cut. Your brows should be as fashionable as you.” Elke®